I love this idea. Good for you! I can't wait to see what unfolds, and someday, maybe you'll buy ME a pair of shoes because I inspired you with one of the words that launched your multi-billion dollar career...
Think long and hard (or not, how am I gonna know?), of a word and leave it in the comments. On a rotating basis, I will use your words in a writing exercise. That one word will be the jumping off point-the inspiration if you will, of a short story. Each story will consist of at least 3 posts, and dedicated to the one who's word I used. Keep leaving words, as most, if not all, will be used. As an aspiring author, I want to use this as a way to not only use and sharpen my writing skills, but get feedback. Good or constructive. Don't worry, it turns out having kids strengthens your threshold for humiliation. Do keep in mind that if within you lives an old crochety editor, (*COUGH!* My husband/Dad/Raleen!) Put your literary skills on the shelf. The stories are bound to have typos, spelling errors, and run on sentences. If I have to choose between detailed editing and feeding my family dinner: Dinner is probably going to win. Maybe you would have hoped for more professionalism, but hey, it's a blog...sue me. Hopefully you will keep coming back to not only challenge me with new words, but because you like what you're reading as well. Enjoy. (I hope:)
11 comments:
The word is: sorrow
enjoy and I am looking forward to reading this. You clever you!!
My word is: Power
Get to writing my dear...I'll periodically check on the kids for you...
swimsuit season (does it count if it's two words?)
Great idea! I can't wait to see what you come up with.
astonished
That'll work Lindsay!
I want to play to.... My word is tantrum.
My word is miracle. I was going to go with failure but I am going to be optimistic instead.
I love this idea. Good for you! I can't wait to see what unfolds, and someday, maybe you'll buy ME a pair of shoes because I inspired you with one of the words that launched your multi-billion dollar career...
My word: shards
wanderlust, one of my favorite words. good luck!
I'm going to start reading 'sorrow'.
My word is: haughty
I look forward to reading your stories Melanie...my word for you is exhilarated. Good luck!
Post a Comment